Easy Fried Cabbage with Sausage skillet meal, ready in 30 minutes for dinner. Kielbasa sausage is cooked with onions and cabbage to make a simple delicious recipe!
This dish highlights everything delicious about these two ingredients without adding too much more to the dish. It’s cabbage and sausage in their simplest most flavorful state.
As a bonus, this skillet meal is easy to throw together without much notice making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium head cabbage chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
How To Make Fried Cabbage
- Add olive oil to large frying pan over medium high heat. Add onion and kielbasa, cooking until onion is soft and kielbasa is slightly browned on both sides – about 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage and butter and stir. Cover and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.