- 1/2 cup crushed saltines or bread crumbs if you don’t have the saltines around
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, sausage, turkey or a mix)
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup (or BBQ sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- cheese 4 swiss cheese slices and shredded 1/4 cup colby & 1/4 cup monterey jack
- some ketchup (or BBQ sauce) for the top
How To Make Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together meats, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Don’t over mix, just mix with your hands until everything is combined well.
Split meat mixture in half.
Place half in the pan. Layer with the cheese slices and the shredded cheese
Top with second half of the meat mixture, then go around the edges and make sure you seal the meatloaf to keep the cheese inside.
Pour ketchup (or BBQ sauce) over the top and then bake for about 60 minutes or until meat is done