- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 (4 oz) can fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (or our homemade enchilada sauce)
- 12 8” large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz can sliced olives, drained
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
How To Make Mexican Lasagna
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add beef, onion, paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to skillet. Brown beef for about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Stir to combine.
Allow to cook while you begin preparing the baking pan.
Smooth about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. Lay tortillas on the bottom of the pan, slightly overlapping until pan is covered (about 4 tortillas).
Spoon half of the beef mixture over top of the tortillas, spread evenly. Layer tortillas on top of beef mixture. Smooth about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle 1/2 of each of the cheeses on top.
Scatter the green chiles over the cheese. Add the remaining beef mixture. Spread evenly. Layer tortillas on top of beef mixture. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of tortillas. Garnish top with olives and scallions.Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and lasagna is warmed through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!