Back to Top
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup onions, minced
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 5 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 ¼ cup beef broth
How To Make Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Take one ounce of the mushrooms and finely chop them. Set these to the side
- Add olive oil to a skillet and toss in the onions, cook until softened
- Divide the cooked onions in two portions
- In a large bowl combine half the onions with the ground beef and ground turkey, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, beaten egg, 1 tbsp tomato paste, ¼ cup beef broth, ¾ tsp salt and the black pepper
- In a small bowl blend together the flour and 1 cup of beef broth until this is smooth.
- Mix in the remaining onions, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce and red wine vinegar and mustard powderCarefully form the mix into 20 small meatballs
- Add the remaining oil into a pan and saute the meatballs, do the meatballs in batches so as to not overcrowd them. Turn the meatballs over and brown the other side also.
- Add in the remaining mushrooms, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat. In the crockpot cook 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Serve over mashed Cauliflower, mashed potatoes, or rice